One more game with Lego Duplo letter bricks.
Starting the game: use any bricks to make a 4-letter word (let´s call it a “snake”). Each of the players takes 2 vowel and 2 consonant bricks. The rest of the bricks are put aside of the game. Now you can start to play.
Rules: in his turn the player must change the word on the snake to another word using ONE of these possibilities:
- turn around one of the bricks in the snake
- turn around a block of bricks in the snake (see the first step of the sample game)
- replace one of the bricks from the snake for one from your hand
- add one brick to the snake
- take one brick from the snake (the snake must always be at least 3 bricks long)
Scoring: you can count the points using a small lego base – one for each player (same size) – and lego bricks 1, 2 and 4 studs big. At the end of his move player puts one brick on his base according to the earned points. The first to fill the base wins.
- one point – the meaning of the changed word stays the same (for example: player adds “s” to “bat” – “bats”)
- two points – player makes a completely new word (player changes “bats” into “cats”)
- four points – player makes two new words on the snake (see the last step bellow)
Player “A” turns around half of the snake (2 bricks) and makes a word “HATS”. He earns 2 points.Player “B” adds one block to the snake and makes a word “HATES”. Player “A” takes one bricks from the snake and changes “HATES” into “HATE”. He earns 1 point (because he didn´t change the meaning of the word).Player “B” replaces the first brick and creates word “GATE” for 2 points.
Player “A” replaces the first brick and changes “GATE” into “LATE”. This way he created the word “Rose” on the other side of the snake as well. Therefore he gets 4 points.